Re: Can I bundle the remote addon with NVDA?

Tyler Spivey

Why is this not recommended?

On 3/13/2020 1:32 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
It can't unless portable NVDA itself is run ad administrator (not recommended). With portable copy, one cannot interact with User Account Control and secure screens effectively.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Mann
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 1:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can I bundle the remote addon with NVDA?

That’s a good idea. What happens if I need to do something on the computer that requires admin privileges? I thought portable copies of NVDA could not read programs ran in elevated mode.
On Mar 13, 2020, at 4:06 PM, Tyler Spivey <tspivey@pcdesk.net> wrote:

Sure you can.
Create a portable NVDA and install remote. Set it up to autoconnect. After that, create a self-extracting archive which automatically runs it.
For example, see 7-Zip's help file for -sfx.

On 3/13/2020 12:48 PM, Ryan Mann wrote:
I will be connecting to somebody’s computer remotely. This person does not have NVDA installed on their computer. I was thinking that maybe I could some how bundle the NVDA installer with the NVDA Remote addon, put it on my web site then get them to open the link to it. If not, I can just have a link for NVDA and a separate link for the addon. I want to make this as easy as practical.
Thanks.