Re: Can I bundle the remote addon with NVDA?

Sarah k Alawami

Actually you can run it as an admin, but i dunno if you can program the portable to auto run as admin on someoen's system.

Take care

On 13 Mar 2020, at 13:13, Ryan Mann wrote:

That’s a good idea. What happens if I need to do something on the computer that requires admin privileges? I thought portable copies of NVDA could not read programs ran in elevated mode.

On Mar 13, 2020, at 4:06 PM, Tyler Spivey tspivey@... wrote:

Sure you can.
Create a portable NVDA and install remote. Set it up to autoconnect. After that, create a self-extracting archive which automatically runs it.
For example, see 7-Zip's help file for -sfx.

On 3/13/2020 12:48 PM, Ryan Mann wrote:
I will be connecting to somebody’s computer remotely. This person does not have NVDA installed on their computer. I was thinking that maybe I could some how bundle the NVDA installer with the NVDA Remote addon, put it on my web site then get them to open the link to it. If not, I can just have a link for NVDA and a separate link for the addon. I want to make this as easy as practical.
Thanks.