Re: changing reading speed on the fly in say all profile

Quentin Christensen

That sounds like it should work (you don't specifically need to be in Word, you can edit the say all profile from anywhere)  When you created the profile and linked it to say all, did you manually activate it?  When you associate it with the say all trigger and try to OK, it states that and offers to manually activate it so you can edit it - as long as you did that and hadn't deactivated it before adjusting the speech rate, it should work.  Even if you have a profile for the specified program, when you press NVDA+down arrow / NVDA+a it should use the say all profile.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 2:17 PM J.G <jozko.gregorc@...> wrote:
Hello,

as I understand profiles, there was a bug in NVDA 2019.2.1 and  earlier, where say all profile used reading speed setting from parent profile "word, wordpad". with 2019.3.1 this bug has been resolved and behaveour is consistent, but now I don't know how to change reading speed on the fly via synth ring. in previous versions of NVDA I was able to change reading speed via synth ring in parent profile and this setting was inherited by say all.

str:
- open e.g. word document
- create profile linked to word if already not
- create profile, which is link to say all trigger.
- change reading speed via synth ring
- start say all

expected result say all will use a new speed
actual behaveour: say all uses its own speed

So what can I do to use synth ring on say all? should I activate it manually via keyboard, but it would be very annoying, because it destroy trigger system.

thx for your help.

best regards,
Jožef

--