Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

Chris

I don’t know if this will work but you can try the COM registration tool which can be found under the nvda tools menu

From: Mallard
Sent: 18 March 2020 10:53
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

Hello all,

A friend of mine recently bought a HP laptop.

She experiences some really weird behaviours with NVDA.

When the Start key is pressed, no menu is read.

But that can be bypassed by using the Start button on the bar.

The main issue is that both Firefox and Chrome aer unreadable, and I-ve

never seen anything like that in my life.

I tried to help her via Teamviewer, as she lives in a different town,

and I was shocked.

How is it possible that NVDA doesn-t read browsers like that_

I-m not a techie at all, so have no idea of what to do and how to help her.

she-s a teacher and, with the Covid/19 lockdown active here in Italy,

she needs to teach online. Not easy under these conditions.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Ollie