Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome
Ultimately, if it's the issue I think it is, it's NV Access' responsibility to fix it once and for all. However, since they don't seem to be doing anything about it...toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
My guess is this is an instance of #9039. To avoid a lot of back and forth, let's assume it is; if it's not, no harm done.
1. Run the COM Registration Fixing Tool, follow its prompts, and reboot just for good measure. If it fixed it, then great, nothing to worry about and you can stop here.
However if that didn't fix it (which I doubt it would), please do the following, assuming you have an installed copy of NVDA 2019.3 or higher:
1. Press windows+r to open the run dialog.
2. Type nvda
3. Press control shift enter and answer yes to the prompt that appears to run as administrator.
4. When NVDA restarts, open the python console either with NVDA+CTRL+z or in the tools menu.
5. Paste this long line in and hit enter. If you're using teamviewer, I'm not sure how you get the clipboard across; maybe it does it automatically.
import comtypes,ctypes;p=comtypes.typeinfo.LoadTypeLibEx(r"c:\windows\syswow64\oleacc.dll");ctypes.windll.oleaut32.RegisterTypeLib(p,r"c:\windows\syswow64\oleacc.dll", None)
If it says traceback, then the line didn't work, and it may have been pasted incorrectly. In that case, come back here and we'll figure out why.
6. Restart NVDA. Things should work again. If they don't, try rebooting.
On 3/18/2020 3:53 AM, Mallard wrote: