Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

Mallard

Hello guys,

Thanks for all these suggestions.

We alsotried Cliqz browser, which is a really nifty piece of software, by the way, withthe same result.

I-ll call her and we-ll go through all your suggestions this afternoon.

What would I do without this group___!!!

Ciao,

Ollie

On 18/03/2020 12:37, Gene wrote:
That isn’t the starting point, though the add-on should be installed.  These are classic signs that certain dll files are not registered.  Run the dll registration tool in the tools menu..  If you don’t know how to find it, ask.
On 2020-03-18 12:53 PM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

A friend of mine recently bought a HP laptop.

She experiences some really weird behaviours with NVDA.

When the Start key is pressed, no menu is read.

But that can be bypassed by using the Start button on the bar.

The main issue is that both Firefox and Chrome aer unreadable, and I-ve never seen anything like that in my life.

I tried to help her via Teamviewer, as she lives in a different town, and I was shocked.

How is it possible that NVDA doesn-t read browsers like that_

I-m not a techie at all, so have no idea of what to do and how to help her.

she-s a teacher and, with the Covid/19 lockdown active here in Italy, she needs to teach online. Not easy under these conditions.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Ollie