Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

Sarah k Alawami

Try a complete reinstall of NVDA. This might help. All nvda related folders will need to be removed. Also if she has any add ons try uninstalling those then on the full reinstall of nvda reinstall the add ons one at a time to see if they still have the issue.

On 18 Mar 2020, at 3:53, Mallard wrote:

Hello all,

A friend of mine recently bought a HP laptop.

She experiences some really weird behaviours with NVDA.

When the Start key is pressed, no menu is read.

But that can be bypassed by using the Start button on the bar.

The main issue is that both Firefox and Chrome aer unreadable, and I-ve never seen anything like that in my life.

I tried to help her via Teamviewer, as she lives in a different town, and I was shocked.

How is it possible that NVDA doesn-t read browsers like that_

I-m not a techie at all, so have no idea of what to do and how to help her.

she-s a teacher and, with the Covid/19 lockdown active here in Italy, she needs to teach online. Not easy under these conditions.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Ollie