Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 12:31 PM, Gene wrote:
The message is unclear.
Perhaps a bit, but when I see, "When the Start key is pressed, no menu is read. But that can be bypassed by using the Start button on the bar," followed by, "The main issue is that both Firefox and Chrome are unreadable," I have no reason to believe that both statements are not accurate.  I have no idea why you'd believe otherwise.

Something's definitely off, but I suspect it is, like most issues, idiosyncratic to that machine.   This behavior is so uncharacteristic I'd be starting with:  Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

       ~ Madonna