Yes. I left this one as a last resort, trying all other sugggestions first. When they didn-t work, I asked my husband and we got it right.

Ciao,

Ollie

On 18/03/2020 18:33, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,
And this time, Tyler’s workaround did work (essentially, registering oleacc.dll once again).

Cheers,

Joseph

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Brian Vogel
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:20 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 01:07 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

try running COM registration fixing tool, and if that and
restarting the computer doesn’t make a difference

Agreed.  I simply presume that once the same thing is recommended by multiple people it will definitely be tried first, moving on to other things only if it doesn't solve the problem.  I tossed the SFC/DISM idea out as a "just in case the COM registration fixing tool doesn't work" idea.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

       ~ Madonna