Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

Tyler Spivey

On 3/18/2020 10:24 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 08:01 AM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
However if that didn't fix it (which I doubt it would), please do the following, assuming you have an installed copy of NVDA 2019.3 or higher:
Just curious if there's anything similar that would work with pre-2019.3 versions of NVDA to achieve the same end, since you explicitly specify 2019.3 or higher?

Yes, the original line in #9039:

import comtypes,ctypes;p=comtypes.typeinfo.LoadTypeLibEx(r"c:\windows\syswow64\oleacc.dll");ctypes.windll.oleaut32.RegisterTypeLib(p, ur"c:\windows\syswow64\oleacc.dll", None)

I just recreated the issue here and tried your sfc/dism method, with no luck.
Also everyone saying run the COM Registration Fixing Tool can just go away, because it *doesn't actually work*. And NVDA is mostly *useless* if you happen to be one of the ones affected by this.