Re: Serious issue with NVDA not reading menus and totally silent in Firefox and Chrome

Actually hp aint that bad.

The website has drivers and such, but yeah by default there is bloatware.

Firstly remove all the bloated apps from the store.

2.  reformat and clean all partitions on all drives and recreate them.

On my system I was able to blits the recovery and extend it since it was on my second drive.

The stuff on hp's site actually is interesting.

It may come bloated but on the website, bar the support and a few other utilities the bloatware doesn't make it to the site, so if you reformat and get the latest stuff that won't exist anymore.

Just make sure you.

1.  don't install any update enhancer because that could screw things.

2.  don't use their audio switch app.

and 3.  before you do anything some of them have offers for the cloud, take those if you can.

I had the same on my workstation and  I just reformat and there was no bloat.

You can't get the bloat back again and the stuff on the hp website is quite clean.

The only things hp holds are the utilities, diagnostics, and drivers and thats it.

Other manufacturers have loads more.

Look at my asus board for example.

On 19/03/2020 9:39 am, Mallard wrote:
Lol, you-re so right about hp and bloatware and all!

We solved it, and while we were at it, my husband cleaned up her computer via Teamviewer, and now NVDA flies on it, and reads everyting eprfectly.

In addition, I-d like to thank Brian once more for the tutorial on using ribbons in Windows 10. I explained my friend how to handle them based on that tutorial, and now she-s happy about those as well.

Ciao, nd again ghanks to all that responded offering solutions.

Ciao,

Ollie

On 18/03/2020 20:29, Jackie wrote:
Yeah--the other thing is that HP does some weird stuff w/its keyboard
sometimes, especially the function keys. The other thing is that it
tends to have bloatware upon bloatware running, all of which may or
may not be contributory. But that is 1 instance where a computer
really needs some work to get it aligned w/the needs of screen reader
users.

The other thing, Alli, is that you might want to see if Narrator works
similarly.

On 3/18/20, Hareth <hareth4m@gmail.com> wrote:
English is my 2nd language. I got what she meant perfectly clear.
Better for me in the future to avoid this kind of unnecessary
arguments, to read the whole message instead of taking the whole
meaning based on the message subject line or title.
Some times its impossible to put the entire inquiry in a single line.
Plus its not a common practice to put multiple issues squeezed in the
title.
Good enough to place a single hint there,
and go farther in the message body to clarify more on issue.

I’m sorry, but if you interpret the message differently from me, that is
legitimate disagreement and I saw a problem with the message that needed
be clarified, in my opinion.  I am not going to argue this with you
further.