Re: nvda and accessing svg element on web

Quentin Christensen

The first link was to a search of the issues for the term "svg".  The second was a link to the specific issue I thought it sounded like.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:58 PM William Wong <sine.kazurin@...> wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Why the first link did not open that specific issue?

Quentin Christensen 於 19/3/2020 19:28 寫道:
Hi William,

We have a few open SVG issues at the moment: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+svg

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 8:22 PM William Wong <sine.kazurin@...> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know if any one expert in html or something related to
that. as well as knowing how nvda works.

If the webpage has used svg to display some image, pressing tab in the
browser will never jump onto the element.

It seemed that even adding aria role img and svg label, still cannot
jump onto it by keyboard tab.

I have to report an accessibility issue to a website, but I donot know
how to make this work.

Is not able to tab onto svg element a nvda issue? a general issue of
screen reader? or any trick that can resolve it?

Not sure if this is proper to raise up here.

Thanks,

William

--
Quentin Christensen