Re: nvda and accessing svg element on web

Jonathan COHN

There have been entire talks at CSUN and other accessibility related conferences on making SVG accessible. I understand that some SVG have events that occur when focus is set on them, and it appears that yours might. My believe is that by default SVG images are focusable, but in any case their focusability can be adjusted with the tab index attribute. So you want to add tabindex="0" to the SVG element or perhaps its parent. Generally, images are not interactive and therefore should not be in the tab order. Also remember that all you do by adding a role of img and aria label is to tell NVDA the name of the element and that it is a graphic. It does not effect its operation, for that you need JavaScript.
  .