Dear Louis

I have done this trick already.
But did not work for me.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 9:58 AM Louis Maher <ljmaher03@...> wrote:

Hello Ramesh,

This problem comes up periodically.  You can try unchecking the box which says “allow editing directly in cells”.  In Excel 365, do this:

Open an Excel spreadsheet.

Type alt + f. Up arrow to options, hit enter. Down arrow to advanced. Tab until you find the box which says “allow editing directly in cells. Uncheck that box. Shift + Tab until you reach OK. Hit enter.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ramesh Patil
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 10:36 PM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Facing problem with Excel 2013

Hi guys,

I am facing to strange problems with Excel 2013

1.  whenever I type any word directly in any cell  NVDA  does not speak first letter of that world  after pressing enter.

2. Whenever I press F2 to edit any cell content and using navigation key for reading that letters NVDA  say only  unknown unknown

I am using latest version of NVDA and Excel 2013 with windows 10

Please guide me in this matter

thanks and regards Ramesh.