Re: Q Read alternative

john s

David, does  speak on handle NFB Newsline content?

Also, can the program use my screen reader?

At 09:56 AM 3/22/2020, David Griffith, wrote:
OK
My actual Podcasts on Speak On are being distributed by Talking Computers on a monthly basis and will appear on the Speak On website a month later but you can find all the recordings below on SendSpace links which will hopefully not be an issue. If there is an issue then I will try and put them also on Open  drive.

The main Speak On app is being continuously maintained by Isaac the Program developer though he has no intentions to do major revisions of the app.

The series is not complete as there will be further Podcasts on the RNIB Daisy magazine Service, using the Podcasts app and the Music app to follow.
I actually intend to replace and re-record the eBook Podcasts as half - way through the volume increases which is a little distracting.

Speak On Resources
You can download Speak On media Suite from
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn.html

Speak On Media Podcast

01 Introduction Speak on Media Suite.mp3
This Podcast covers setting up Speak On Media, changing the default synthesiser to a more friendly voice and introduces you to the range of apps available
by default, and then the further apps available through additional optional plugins.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/otzppu

02 Getting an Audio Books into Speak On Media Suite.mp3

This Podcast describes how shortcuts and the send to menu in File Explorer can be utilised to make it much easier to import books and other content into
Speak On Media.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/v7dhkt

03 Playing Daisy and Audio Books in Speak On.mp3
This Podcast covers loading and reading of Daisy and Audio Books. It explains Speak On navigation options, bookmarking, and varying the speed and volume
of playback. It also introduces Speak On’s context sensitive help feature.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ye758q

04 Reading eBooks on Speak On
This covers.
-changing the Reading Voice.
- Navigation levels available in the eBook.
- Managing Bookmarks and getting book size information.
-Tabbing through the Player Bookmark list and Library view.
- Adjusting the speed and volume of book playback on the fly.
- Copying and pasting text from an eBook into Notepad.
- Saving Sections of the book as text files.
- Creating a "virtual eBook" based upon a search term.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/akbva2

05 Speak On and Internet Radio
This Podcast covers
- Using a free or paid Tunein account to access Radio in Speak On.
- Using the optional VI Radio app.
- Importing Radio Streams into the Other Media app to create a 3rd Customised Internet Radio app.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/sgqix8

Link to a Radio Streams folder to import into Speak On.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/p7xu1m

06 Using Speak On and the RNIB Reading Service.

This Podcasts covers downloading a daisy Book from the new RNIB Reading Service and playing it in Speak On.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/j006ie

07 Speak On and the RNIB Newsagent Service Part 1 - Newspapers.

This Podcasts covers.
1. Advantages of using Speak On to easily access the eText Newspaper service, including its Virtual Reader function to streamline reading.
Installing the task and logging into the eText service.
Setting up favourite papers.
Bookmarking and extracting articles into text files.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/d40tj7

08 Speak On and the RNIB magazine Service

As unfortunately the RNIB have broken links to some of the Magazines and not updated information to Speak ON, there is a need in some cases to download
and import Magazines manually . This Podcasts describes this workaround and explains why you would still want to use Speak On to read your magazines in
this use case.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/jsp0da