From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of john s
Sent: 22 March 2020 18:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Q Read alternative

David, the NFB content is Daisy, which xml files.

Can my screen reader be used in this program?

At 12:10 PM 3/22/2020, David Griffith, wrote:

Speak On was developed in the UK so the only direct connections it has to download is content from the RNIB eText and Audio Newsagent service and it also connects directly to TuneIn Radio if you have an  account with them.
However it does have a “Virtual Readerâ€
function which interacts with the automatic eText digital content  generated by for Newspapers and Magazines in the UK which makes for a more pleasant reading experience.
If Newsline produces material in ePub2 format then it may be worth importing the content into Speak On and try reading it with the RNIB eText Newsagent app anyway to see if this provides a good experience.
If you wanted to do this you would need to first of all add the RNIB eText app from the add plugins section of the Tools menu and then place your Newsline content, assuming it is epPub2  into  the Current Reading directory under the RNIB etect directory under My Speak On media folder.

Of course you can also read the ePub also using Speak On’s eBook function – oone of the worst decisions Isaac took was to name this app Text Publications which disguises it utility as an eBook reader.

David Griffith

So it cannot, as far as I am aware connect
Sent from Mail for Windows 10