Re: irrelevant information

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 06:04 AM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
We ask what is relevant in these mailing lists and we are
unfortunately not responded to due to unnecessary conversations that
take place on the lists.
This deserves a separate response of its own.   On any group, and particularly those that are high traffic groups, there will always be tons of topics that do not hold even the slightest interest to a given reader even if they are entirely on-topic for the list.  This is precisely the reason I wrote the tutorial (take your pick of download format):

Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx)

Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io  (PDF)

Anyone who wishes to remain engaged in a group, but also wants to limit their traffic, should follow the steps I describe for setting up topic preview.  That way, unless you follow a topic based upon the first message, you will not receive any additional messages from that topic.

       ~ Madonna