Re: Q Read alternative

Isaac Porat

Hi

This is Isaac Porat the developer of SpeakOn.

Last time I updated SpeakOn was three years ago mainly because it did what I wanted to do for myself as a blind user.

Everything still works and there are no known bugs.

There is however one issue with Tunein, the favourites facility does not work any more. So in practice if you listened to a station, after you shutdown SpeakOn and start it again your last station is still there waiting for you but you can't have your favourites, list this is because Tunein does not support it for the API that SpeakOn is using and there is nothing I can do about it unless someday I store it locally.

To get around this you can use the find facility in SpeakOn Tunein task (app) and find your station in seconds.

Regards

Isaac

On 22/03/2020 16:26, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
TuneIn? Wow you guys got me hooked! I’ll definitely listen to the podcasts shared earlier, and try it out! thanks for the recommendation!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 22 mar 2020, a la(s) 10:10 a.m., David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> escribió:

Speak On was developed in the UK so the only direct connections it has to download is content from the RNIB eText and Audio Newsagent service and it also connects directly to TuneIn Radio if you have an account with them.
However it does have a “Virtual Reader” function which interacts with the automatic eText digital content generated by for Newspapers and Magazines in the UK which makes for a more pleasant reading experience.
If Newsline produces material in ePub2 format then it may be worth importing the content into Speak On and try reading it with the RNIB eText Newsagent app anyway to see if this provides a good experience.
If you wanted to do this you would need to first of all add the RNIB eText app from the add plugins section of the Tools menu and then place your Newsline content, assuming it is epPub2 into the Current Reading directory under the RNIB etect directory under My Speak On media folder.

Of course you can also read the ePub also using Speak On’s eBook function – one of the worst decisions Isaac took was to name this app Text Publications which disguises it utility as an eBook reader.

David Griffith

So it cannot, as far as I am aware connect
Sent from Mail for Windows 10