locked Re: Free License Offer: Tweet by Freedom Scientific on Twitter

David Mehler

This is kind of off topic, IMO, but I'll just say that this jaws offer
does not offer remote support, which I would think home-stuck
users/workers need. I agree with Jesse.

On 3/23/20, Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...> wrote:
Okay, I have to be honest here. This actually, really, really bothers
me. Making it free in the short term to attract long term customers in
the face of something like the corona virus. It seems more calculated to
benefit their bottom line than help people by, say, slashing license
prices for full licenses by a significant amount.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but it's how I feel. As far as I'm aware,
NVDA can do the same things as JAWS, and then some. I can count on one
hand the number of times I've had to use JAWS since I got this computer
almost four years ago.

On 3/23/2020 1:17 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
*Freedom Scientific (@FreedomSci <https://twitter.com/freedomsci?s=11>)*
3/23/20, 09:28
<https://twitter.com/freedomsci/status/1242080848574156802?s=11>
1 of 2) We know many of you must remain at home and continue to
work/attend school remotely. To ensure life remains accessible we are
offering those in the US/Canada a Free Home License of JAWS, ZoomText,
or Fusion that will expire 6/30/2020. Learn more:
portal.freedomscientific.com/SponsoredSoftw… <https://t.co/cqZDh618pW>

Download <https://twitter.com/download?ref_src=MailTweet-iOS> the
Twitter app

“May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in
every way.”
 (2 Thessalonians 3:16)