locked Re: Free License Offer: Tweet by Freedom Scientific on Twitter

Clement Chou

Agreed. And a short term license with a time restriction? No thank
you... it would've made more sense for them to either slash prices or
offer unrestricted licenses for a period of time. Can't tell me they
can't afford to let a few copies go for free with the amount of years
they've been operating.

On 3/23/20, Jesse Farquharson <jesse100rules@...> wrote:
Okay, I have to be honest here. This actually, really, really bothers
me. Making it free in the short term to attract long term customers in
the face of something like the corona virus. It seems more calculated to
benefit their bottom line than help people by, say, slashing license
prices for full licenses by a significant amount.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but it's how I feel. As far as I'm aware,
NVDA can do the same things as JAWS, and then some. I can count on one
hand the number of times I've had to use JAWS since I got this computer
almost four years ago.

On 3/23/2020 1:17 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
*Freedom Scientific (@FreedomSci <https://twitter.com/freedomsci?s=11>)*
3/23/20, 09:28
<https://twitter.com/freedomsci/status/1242080848574156802?s=11>
1 of 2) We know many of you must remain at home and continue to
work/attend school remotely. To ensure life remains accessible we are
offering those in the US/Canada a Free Home License of JAWS, ZoomText,
or Fusion that will expire 6/30/2020. Learn more:
portal.freedomscientific.com/SponsoredSoftw… <https://t.co/cqZDh618pW>

Download <https://twitter.com/download?ref_src=MailTweet-iOS> the
Twitter app

“May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in
every way.”
 (2 Thessalonians 3:16)