locked Re: Statement from Joseph Lee regarding NVDA add-ons and Windows XP support requests: no more, period

Jackie

It's unfair to ask developers to support unsupported software. They've
got enough on their plate to keep up w/new technologies, & often these
are incompatible w/older ones. Not only so, but by extension, folks
who ask this are basically asking developers to support software which
both parties have been warned are a security risk, & ethically many
developers don't feel they either can or want to do that.

On 3/23/20, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

The exact statements from NV Access and developers back then were that using
XP is now a security risk for many, and that people can use NVDA 2017.3 and
old add-ons should they need to use XP and friends. As for my statement back
then, it referred to my own add-ons. The statement I wrote below covers
cases where a user would write to developers asking us to make certain new
features available for old releases, which cannot be done, particularly now
that we have fully moved onto Python 3.

Cheers,

Joseph