Re: Free JAWS licence that was anounced today

Sky Mundell

Correct! I totally get your point and I agree with you 100%.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 11:16 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free JAWS licence that was anounced today

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 02:02 PM, Sky Mundell wrote:

I am certainly in favor of client
choice and I am in favor of cheaper stuff but at the moment its going to be
real tough to get organisations to realize that NVDA even exists let alone
trying it out.

And having slogged that road I can say you're correct.  That being said, it's only if we keep beating the NVDA-option drum that it will ever make inroads in both commercial and academic environments to a much greater extent than it already has.

JAWS being the "granddaddy of all screen readers" means that it has a massively huge head start.  But I think Vispero sees the writing on the wall, as both NVDA and Narrator are both strong competitors, and will only keep becoming stronger ones.  I believe that's why the whole new subscription licensing came into existence.  People are now balking at what had historically been asked as far as price for JAWS.

       ~ Madonna