Re: Q Read alternative

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Isaac

Will contact you shortly off list. Through the website? or I will see if it is in the header for it.

Just downloaded the latest 2020 beta 1 for a sus and see if any problems. I will test with the beta unless you want it with the stable for the moment?

Till any problems are sorted? if any.

Gene nz

On 23/03/2020 10:38 pm, Isaac Porat wrote:
Hi Gene

This is Isaac the developer of both SpeakOn and SpeechHub

Yes, I developed both add-ons for SpeakOn and SpeechHub for the latest NVDA version 2019.3.1

I operate both here on my computer and a couple of testers found no problem with these.

I want to do a bit more testing, as you have tested for me before both SpeechHub and SpeakOn you are welcome to write to me off list and I shall let you know how to obtain these add-ons for testing.

Regards

Isaac

On 22/03/2020 20:26, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi

Do you know if he is going to update the speech hub add on? so it works with nvda 2019.3

When I tried it  the last version was nvda 2019.2.1 I think it was I would have to check.

Gene nz

On 23/03/2020 8:01 am, David Griffith wrote:

Speak On supports Daisy through its Audio Books app but I don’t know about XML 5 but if somebody sent me a sample I could try it and see.

Speak On is self-voicing much like Kurzweil so you would not use a Screenreader with it as it is controlled just as if you were using a screenreader.

Isaac told me that he has updated the NVDA and Speech Player addons to be compatible with the latest version of NVDA but I don’t think they have been published yet.

As I understand it the NVDA addon simply mutes NVDA whilst Speak On is in Focus

David Griffith