Re: Problem with NVDA and UAC dialogs after Anniversary Update

Christo de Klerk

Hello all

Just to let you know that I managed to recover from my dilemma with the help of a pair of good working eyes. On shutdown my friend found a way to get into Troubleshooting and from there we were able to do a system restore. Fortunately I had a restore point on Saturday, so no real harm done and the machine is working fine. I don't believe the problem with the UAC dialog box is fixed, so I definitely will not move it up to 67% again, but I can live with that; the rest is fine.

I want to use this opportunity to thank all of you who tried to help and give suggestions. You guys are always so ready with your help. It is appreciated.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2016/08/09 10:36 AM, Christo de Klerk wrote:
No, unfortunately not.

Regards

Christo

On 2016/08/09 10:29 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Christo, not directly related, but, don't suppose you've got any of the windows PE images installed on a flash drive, or DVD lying around anywhere?

That might let you make changes to file system, even if not letting you boot up machine normally as such?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-08-09 10:19 AM, Christo de Klerk wrote:
It could be, but how do I get into the system to fix anyting?

Regards

Christo

Not seen this one before. Could it be the synth in use in the installed copy is being clobbered?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-