From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 3:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Statement from Joseph Lee regarding NVDA add-ons and Windows XP support requests: no more, period

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 04:28 PM, Gene wrote:

Whether and for how long it is supported, I suspect that Windows 7 is enough like Windows 10 that add-ons and NVDA will continue to work, at least for quite a while.

I agree.  But the time will come, probably later rather than sooner, when a necessary change to NVDA or a given add-on breaks backward compatibility with Windows 7 as a direct effect.   And depending on when that happens to occur it could be very difficult to try to justify jumping through any hoops for maintaining backward compatibility.  This pattern has occurred over and over again over the decades.

To quote the song lyric, "History keeps repeating itself."

       ~ Madonna