Re: Podcast Reader
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Which file do I need to get for the installer? Thanks for any help.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Podcast Reader
It is still available and maintained.
The developer is on this list.
It has an NVDA Add On which is being updated.
Speak On Resources
You can download Speak On media Suite from
My Speak On Media Podcast are distributed by talking Computers but can also be downloaded from SendSpace
01 Introduction Speak on Media Suite.mp3
This Podcast covers setting up Speak On Media, changing the default synthesiser to a more friendly voice and introduces you to the range of apps available by default, and then the further apps available through additional optional plugins.
02 Getting an Audio Books into Speak On Media Suite.mp3
This Podcast describes how shortcuts and the send to menu in File Explorer can be utilised to make it much easier to import books and other content into Speak On Media.
03 Playing Daisy and Audio Books in Speak On.mp3
This Podcast covers loading and reading of Daisy and Audio Books. It explains Speak On navigation options, bookmarking, and varying the speed and volume of playback. It also introduces Speak On’s context sensitive help feature.
04 Reading eBooks on Speak On
-Loading an eBook into the Speak On Directory through the Send To Menu.
-changing the Reading Voice.
- Navigation levels available in the eBook.
- Managing Bookmarks and getting book size information.
-Tabbing through the Player Bookmark list and Library view.
- Adjusting the speed and volume of book playback on the fly.
- Copying and pasting text from an eBook into Notepad.
- Saving Sections of the book as text files.
- Creating a "virtual eBook" based upon a search term.
05 Speak On and Internet Radio
This Podcast covers
- Using a free or paid Tunein account to access Radio in Speak On.
- Using the optional VI Radio app.
- Importing Radio Streams into the Other Media app to create a 3rd Customised Internet Radio app.
Link to a Radio Streams folder to import into Speak On.
06 Using Speak On and the RNIB Reading Service.
This Podcasts covers downloading a daisy Book from the new RNIB Reading Service and playing it in Speak On.
07 Speak On and the RNIB Newsagent Service Part 1 - Newspapers.
This Podcasts covers.
1. Advantages of using Speak On to easily access the eText Newspaper service, including its Virtual Reader function to streamline reading.
Installing the task and logging into the eText service.
Loading of Newspapers, navigation and adjustment of speed and volume of playback.
Setting up favourite papers.
Bookmarking and extracting articles into text files.
Very quickly, where can I get this from. From what a friend told me it is no longer availiable. I'm actually asking for this friend. I've ben at work as of late so have not even had the time to look this up on the internet. IN fact what my friend found was 10 years old.
Take care all.