Re: Free JAWS licence that was anounced today

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 04:01 PM, Jackie wrote:
While I would say that NVDA meets the needs of many "general" users,
unfortunately, there are still some situations where Jaws does what
NVDA can't.
And vice versa.  There are also times where Narrator can do something the other two don't handle gracefully.

But, under typical circumstances, other than something in the form of, "I can do [insert thing here] with JAWS/Narrator/Window-Eyes, but can't figure out how to do it with NVDA," being brought up any extended discussion of JAWS, Narrator, or Window-Eyes on this group is off-topic.

That would even be true now, today, were the conversation about how to use JAWS, Narrator, or Window-Eyes.  That's off-topic.

I just wanted to point out in response to the original question what my reasoning was for allowing the discussion that Freedom Scientific/Vispero was offering JAWS, Fusion, and ZoomText licenses at no cost to home users through June 30th.  It's an exception condition, not a change in group rules.  Group owners and moderators will, occasionally, allow topics for exception conditions that are generally recognized as such without further explanation.

       ~ Madonna