locked Re: Statement from Joseph Lee regarding NVDA add-ons and Windows XP support requests: no more, period

There may be several reasons why you can't upgrade to a modern system.

However as well as the referbished jobs there are x lease business systems.

Now, you may have a spaciffic reason why you can't upgrade.

The university I do work for has a system brought with xp in mind.

It cost a lot to install and its going to cost more to upgrade since the stuff they use just is not compatible with modern systems.

So that means they have to get rid of and buy completely new hardware and software.

There are probably many cases still like that.

Everyone uses virtual machines.

In addition though in this current climate said user is probably unable to get a new system at this time.

Here in nz the covid monster has temperarily locked the country.

From midnight we will be shutting down everything bar food stores.

That means no eating out, and no computer anything.

I just hope we don't have a failure in the month we are schedualed to be offline.

Everyone needs to stay home or keep their bubble as small as they can.

For me this means my immediate family and one other family menber who comes to the house every day for meals and I go to her place to and walk in a bit of bush by her house.

Everyone is also locked to their community.

We havn't entered final shutdown yet but we will.

On 24/03/2020 11:38 pm, Robert Kingett wrote:

I don't understand why people are still running XP and then actually expecting long term support? Never has made sense to me, at all. If you want some discounted computers, check below.

ComCast essentials offers refurbished computers to customers, especially during their free internet giveaway.

Computers for the blind lets people buy refurbished computers.

United Cerebral Palsy foundation gives refurbished computers to nursing homes and people within supportive living facilities.

And, you can always go to best buy, filter by specs than by price, low to high, and then buy the results directly from the manufacturer.