Re: Free JAWS licence that was anounced today

Kerryn Gunness

thank you for clarifying

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free JAWS licence that was anounced today

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 03:34 PM, Kerryn Gunness wrote:
when i ask questions about programs i use with NVDA, i am told the group is for NVDA related questions and the thread becomes locked
just asking
There is a worldwide crisis occurring where many individuals are now housebound (including myself).  Many of the members here are transitioning to NVDA from another screen reader, one of which may be JAWS.  In a situation such as this, when a major screen reader vendor offers a free license to use their product it warrants mention throughout the various screen reader online communities.

And, you have apparently not read through the content of this topic at all, which you should do before commenting.   JAWS has been incidental, not central, to it.  You'll find NVDA being mentioned many, many more times than JAWS has been.  It was just the free offer that launched the topic, but it certainly has not been its focus.  And even if the free offer had been its focus, under the current circumstances, I'd allow it.  There are times rules should absolutely be bent.  This is one of those.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.

~ Madonna

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.