Re: Bluetooth hearing aid lag on Windows 10 with NVDA.

Cordelia Scharpf

I am not familiar with this kind of setup, but might unpairing and re-pairing do the trick? Do you have other devices connected (using Bluetooth) to your PC, e.g., a Braille display?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Daniel Hawkins
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 1:54 PM
To: NVDA Mailing Group
Subject: [nvda] Bluetooth hearing aid lag on Windows 10 with NVDA.

Hello everyone,

I am currently am trying out a new hearing aid called the phonak Marvel. It has Bluetooth and I can connect this to my iPhone, Mac, and Windows 10. however, when i am connected to Windows 10 with NVDA, I have noticed that it have really really bad lag when the screenreader speaks. All first character or word is chopped off. Typing is almost impossible due to it is not spoken. It seems like as soon the TTS stop speaking, it goes into standby. However, my IPhone and mac does not have this problem. I have tried the addon for Bluetooth to stay connected, and I have not noticed a difference.

have anyone else have this issue too?

Thanks guys!

Daniel Hawkins

Check out my website: iabilityi.com