From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: 26 March 2020 15:31
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Q Read alternative

Hi Isaac

I saw a message on the list re SpeakOn and have downloaded it and I am extremely impressed with it’s functionality and ease of use.  There are a few minor annoyances which you may or may not be able to do anything about but I thought I would seek your opinion regarding them.

Firstly, I am using Windows 10 and set up the desktop shortcut to run as administrator to avoid the UAC allow this software etc window but unfortunately, 3 of the 4 levels of UAC  security trigger a different UAC message “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?”.  The only way around this is to turn UAC security off altogether, which also obviates the “run as admin” requirement.  Is it possible to get the software certificated in some way to avoid this message?

Secondly, when reading an audio book, is there any way to suppress the announcement of the file names as it moves through the files making up the book?  Similarly when playing Music tracks in an album or playlist?

Thirdly, this is a last minute discovery, so may be covered in the manual and I have missed it.  When trying to add an RNIB flash drive containing 3 Daisy books to the Audio Book library, I had to insert another folder level via windows to the flash drive to allow me to select it and add it’s contents to the Audio Book library.  When I restarted the task and initiated the Add/Library Audio Books Remove folder locations from the Settings sub-menu, The flash drive folder structure was the same as it was before I inserted the additional folder level.  Is there a way to refresh the folder tree view without having  to restart the app?

Cheers

Chris