I face the same issue. I am using nvda 2019.2 on a del latitude laptop.
It seems that another way to restore nvda behaviour within teams is to right click the menu in the system tray and opening teams from there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 25 mrt. 2020 om 19:14 heeft Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@...> het volgende geschreven:

I can confirm that, it is a mess...

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Robinett
Sent: Mittwoch, 25. März 2020 18:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Teams

Hi,

Running the latest versions of Microsoft teams, windows 10 professional and NVDA on a dell latitude series laptop. I am
finding that when I am using the Teams app, NVDA will go mostly unresponsive after about 10 minutes, pretty much without
fail. The only way to get things working again is to restart Teams. I say mostly because I can still use the object
navigation numpad keys to find my way around the UI, but this is slow and cumbersome. The tab key and all of the other
browse mode shortcut keys simply stop working. Has anybody else experienced this?