Re: When nvda keeps turning itself on any time another program opens or shuts

Gene

How are you turning it off? If you are using NVDA q, it should be
completely unloaded and not do anything until you run it again.

Gene

On 3/27/20, Hugin <blaisegellert@gmail.com> wrote:
This started back in January when I had to install nvda on 2 new computers.
I use it but my husband is only legally blind so can see enough not to use a
screen reader. Anytime he's using the computer for something he turns nvda
off and if another program opens or closes, completely unrelated it will
start up and we need to shut it down again. Like today when windows is
wanting crap and he has to fuss with it's maddening.LOL. So as it seems to
be a new thing, at least for me, is there a setting called don't start up
until I start you up? LOL