Re: When nvda keeps turning itself on any time another program opens or shuts

Gene

This is very interesting. I know that when UAC runs and secure
desktop is used, installed copies of NVDA run another copy of
themselves. I think I can see how, when run at the login screen is
active, the UAC copy is run. Is that because the login screen is
secure in the way that the secure desktop is? If so, would simply
answering the UAC prompt cause NVDA not to run or does the other copy
continue in regular windows? If that happens, it is a problem because
it encourages people to turn off UAC in cases where the computer is
shared with a sighted person. Can this behavior be stopped?

Gene

On 3/27/20, Gene via Groups.Io <gsasner=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
How are you turning it off? If you are using NVDA q, it should be
completely unloaded and not do anything until you run it again.

Gene

On 3/27/20, Hugin <blaisegellert@...> wrote:
This started back in January when I had to install nvda on 2 new
computers.
I use it but my husband is only legally blind so can see enough not to use
screen reader. Anytime he's using the computer for something he turns
nvda
off and if another program opens or closes, completely unrelated it will
start up and we need to shut it down again. Like today when windows is
wanting crap and he has to fuss with it's maddening.LOL. So as it seems
be a new thing, at least for me, is there a setting called don't start up
until I start you up? LOL