Re: When nvda keeps turning itself on any time another program opens or shuts

When you know there are thousands, nay, millions who are not having this issue it clearly points to something idiosyncratic to your computers, and likely caused secondary to something you've done.  That's not a criticism nor an accusation, but a fact.

I doubt it's due to Windows 10, per se, but it could be secondary to some slight corruption in your installations.  See my tutorial, Britechguy’s Standard Advice Regarding Windows 10 Issues and Their Repair, and shoot straight to the numbered step, one, and try the SFC/DISM pair on one of your machines and see if that fixes the issue.  Then if it doesn't, try the repair install.

For myself, I would uninstall NVDA first before doing this if you have sighted assistance that makes this possible.  Then reinstall it after either the SFC/DISM pair reports all is well or you've done a repair install.

And if you haven't tried an NVDA uninstall, system Restart, and NVDA reinstall I would do that prior to doing any of the things I've recommended above, but I am presuming you have done this already.

What you have occurring is uncharacteristic and I have not seen anyone report it prior to yourself.

       ~ Madonna