Re: Combo Boxes Are Not Accessible

Howard Traxler

I noticed on Amazon, when I try to increment the quantity of an item I'm purchasing, I can get it all the way to 10.  But when I try to close the box (I've tried any key combination I can think of) it will not close and retain my choice.

Howard

Have you got an example on a public site you can share please?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:05 PM Rich DeSteno <axcruncher@gmail.com <mailto:axcruncher@gmail.com>> wrote:

I have recently encountered a type of combo box on a few web sites
that
is not accessible with screen-reading software, including NVDA.  The
combo box does not open and reveal its list no matter what key
combinations I try.  In past years, combo boxes were easily opened
and
read with alt-DownArrow or Space Bar and DownArrow.  Does anyone
have a
solution to reading these new combo boxes.  I am currently having
great
difficulty in completing a couple of forms that have such boxes.

--
Rich De Steno

--
Quentin Christensen