Re: Combo Boxes Are Not Accessible

Howard Traxler

Yes, I've tried those; and enter, escape,and maybe others.  It seems a little inconsistent.  Sometimes it closes the box and sets it at 0; and sometimes it closes the window all together and I have to alt-tab to get back to it and start over.

On 4/1/2020 8:48 AM, Gene wrote:
Have you tried just tabbing or manually going back to browse mode?
*From:* Howard Traxler <mailto:htraxler7@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 01, 2020 8:00 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Combo Boxes Are Not Accessible
I noticed on Amazon, when I try to increment the quantity of an item I'm
purchasing, I can get it all the way to 10.  But when I try to close the
box (I've tried any key combination I can think of) it will not close
and retain my choice.

Howard

Have you got an example on a public site you can share please?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:05 PM Rich DeSteno <axcruncher@gmail.com
<mailto:axcruncher@gmail.com>> wrote:

     I have recently encountered a type of combo box on a few web sites
     that
     is not accessible with screen-reading software, including NVDA.  The
     combo box does not open and reveal its list no matter what key
     combinations I try.  In past years, combo boxes were easily opened
     and
     read with alt-DownArrow or Space Bar and DownArrow.  Does anyone
     have a
     solution to reading these new combo boxes.  I am currently having
     great
     difficulty in completing a couple of forms that have such boxes.

     --
     Rich De Steno

--
Quentin Christensen