Re: NVDA has Acquired a new, and somewhat annoying Feature

Brian Moore

This is specific to the 75 version betas of thunderbird.  Turning off the status line helps some but not entirely.  they still haven't fixed the ability to sort columns and the addon will no longer let you do it in these versions.

If there was an easy way to go back to the production release I would do it but my mail database won't port back.

Brian.

On 4/1/2020 11:25 PM, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

I forgot to mention that I do not understand what you turned off to try to use it.

Is there something new in the Thunderbird betas perhaps?  I just tried with alpha-19867,54f1b727 on Thunderbird 68.6.0 32-bit (the latest regular version?) and it read as normal, so it looks like it's something changed in Thunderbird, and might be worth contacting Mozilla perhaps?  Does it do the same thing if you use NVDA 2019.3.1?  I didn't notice a difference in Thunderbird 68.6, but if you could provide exact steps to repeat and exactly what superfluous information is being read I can double check.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 1:31 AM Betsy Grenevitch <blindangel61@...> wrote:
I am having the same problem and it definitely interrupts the reading of
email.

--
Betsy Grenevitch
678-862-3876