Re: How accessible is Zoom with NVDA?

Matthew Whitaker

Alt + control + shift doesn’t work. Well actually, I can’t tell, because NVDA is not telling me whether the controls have appeared or not. I’m using tab to navigate but I’m still getting nothing.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Matthew Whitaker via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:13 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How accessible is Zoom with NVDA?

Ok Thanks. I’ll try again now

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Scott Salzman
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I've not experienced Zoom freezing, though I should note that I only use screen readers for testing, and not for routine use.  That said, I've spent a good bit of time using Zoom with NVDA and JAWS over the past week or so, and I've taken to exclusively using the Zoom keyboard commands, because they're so much easier and faster than using a mouse and hunting for the controls.

As far as the issue of it being difficult to tell which Zoom window is the one with your session, whenever I use Control+Alt+Shift, that always brings me back to the Zoom window with the session, and the Zoom controls.  You might consider using Alt+Tab to switch between Zoom and other applications, and then use Control+Alt+Shift whenever you want to switch back to Zoom.  It should guarantee both a single keyboard command, and getting to the correct Zoom window.

Scott