From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Betsy Grenevitch
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 12:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA has Acquired a new, and somewhat annoying Feature

What list do we report to about our issues. I tried to figure out how to download the bog program and can't seem to succed with that either. Today has not been a good day with computers or embossers.

On 4/2/2020 2:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello all,

Managed to contact a Thunderbird engineer via Twitter. To help figuring out what’s going with recent TB beta releases, this engineer graciously posted archive links for TB betas (use it at your own risk, especially if you wish to report issues to Thunderbird developers in tracking down performance issues):

  1. 74 beta 2: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/74.0b2/
  2. 75 beta 1: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/75.0b1/
  3. 75 beta 2: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/75.0b2/
  4. 75 beta 3: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/75.0b3/

You must choose the installer that is designed for your processor/platform (win32 or win64; for sake of ese of testing, try win32).

For each beta release, please do as exactly as I say below:

  1. Install each beta, beginning with 74 beta 2.
  2. Use Thunderbird as usual.
  3. Note down issues such as sluggishness or extra chatter.
  4. If you don’t experience issues, install the next (newer) beta.
  5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you do come across issues.
  6. Should you experience issues, report to the list immediately so Thunderbird developers can be notified. Be sure to note down exactly what issues you are having and in which Thunderbird beta version you are experiencing these issues.

There is a tool called Mozregression that allows developers to pinpoint exactly which change introduced a bug (NVDA developers can also do this through a tool called “git bisect”). But since not many of you are experienced in this sort of thing, the steps I listed above is the next best thing we have.

Cheers,

Joseph