Re: NVDA has Acquired a new, and somewhat annoying Feature

Betsy Grenevitch

Brian, if you are really patient with me I would love to work with you on this. I learn step by step and like to write down the steps as I go so I can look it up the next time that process is needed. I went to the link that you sent to me but could not find the right place to sign up to report the bugs with this beta version of Thunderbird. I am on the Eastern time zone and am free for the next hour and a half or otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow. My evening is packed here until after 10:30 tonight.

Write me at blindangel61@... and I can give you my phone number there if you are able to help.

I am also wondering if there is a way to have the speech say less so maybe the extra information will stop speaking.

I do not want to go back gto the other version of Thunderbird if I have to reset everything again.

Thanks again.

On 4/2/2020 4:28 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Bugzilla is not a program, but a website, much the same in concept as the issue reporting part of GitHub.

On either of those you need to have an account, and you then need to get to the correct project (e.g., Thunderbird or NVDA, respectively) to file a bug report.  I do not have the actual steps memorized, and if someone has a first bug they want to report I would be happy to set up a time were I could remote in to your computer, as well as have a phone call going, where I can walk you through it and document the steps taken.  They vary depending on what system is used to report the bug.

I have wanted to continue my tutorial series on GitHub and reporting issues for NVDA, but I haven't had an issue to report in recent months, and I'm certainly not going to create a "fake issue" to try to document the steps to create an issue.  Same for Firefox or Thunderbird through Bugzilla.

       ~ Madonna

--
Betsy Grenevitch
678-862-3876