From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Gene,

I downloaded MP3 direct cut and tried to install it on my system.  I downloaded the version for Win 10.  It won't install, it says it doesn't have access to the folder where it wants to install it.  I will have to figure out another place to install it where it will still work.  Or, I may try to figure out how to authorize it.

It sounds good so thanks for suggesting it in an earlier posting.

Dan Beaver

On 4/2/2020 4:13 PM, Gene wrote:
CDex is not a recording program.  It is a CD ripping program.

It really isn’t a good idea for people, and I see it when evber such a question is asked, to recommend Goldwave without first knowing what a person wants to do.  Goldwave is not free.  It isn’t expensive unless you don’t have much money and you are on a tight budget, but it does cost something like forty or fifty U.S. dollars.

If you just want to record and edit mp3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is a much better choice.  If you want to record and work with other formats, other programs would be used, MP3 Direct Cut only works with MP3 files but since many people just want to record and edit MP3 files, the way the person wants to use the program needs to be found out before making a recommendation.

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:45 PM

i would recommend gold wave and c dex, as someone else suggested