Re: most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Gene

Best is a meaningless term in this context.  Best for what?  Do you want good effects?  Do you want specific abilities or features?  Your question cannot be properly answered.

However, if you want to try a free multitrack recording program that is quite accessible and that is already used by a lot of blind people, there is a blind users list, you may want to try Audacity.  If you want a program that has professional effects and perhaps other features I don’t know about, you may want something else.

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. But I should had wored my question a little different. I should have asked what is the best multi-track recorder for nvda.

On 4/2/2020 5:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yep. I used to use CDEX as a recording tool when I was in class to quickly record, then I would edit and split later, taking out the dead time when I was writing an essay durin class etc.

On 2 Apr 2020, at 13:32, David Griffith wrote:

This is not correct.

CDex has an analogue  recording function  so is perfectly feasible as a recording tool.

Check out the second menu option under Tools – analogue recording where you can set input devices including  choice of microphone and you can also specify sampling rates etc.

David Griffith

David Griffith