Re: NVDA has Acquired a new, and somewhat annoying Feature

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 01:02 AM, Governor staten wrote:
If you revert back [from beta channel to release channel for Thunderbird], you have to create a new profile.
And I can confirm that this is absolutely true, having just done this for someone else this morning.

Yet another reason for me to get on my IMAP soapbox.  With Thunderbird and most modern e-mail clients it takes a few minutes, at most, to re-create an e-mail account in the client, and with IMAP all of your messages and folders remain entirely intact on the server.  It doesn't matter if you're going back from Thunderbird beta to release, or your machine dies, or you decide to change e-mail clients - with IMAP access everything automatically reappears when an e-mail account is set up on any device.

It sure made it much easier to ditch Thunderbird beta and go back to the release channel software in a few short minutes.

       ~ Madonna