locked Re: Looking for An Antivirus software for my computer

Ibrahim Ajayi

Thanks Gene and Brian:
To you Brian, how an I get the upgrade from windows7 to windows10.
You said it is at no cost: That is contrary to the information I have,
but I assume you know better.
Ibrahim.

Gene, you are correct that Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender) as
implemented in Windows 8 and later is a top-flight full-service security
suite.  Anyone who want's the scoop on that can find it at third party labs
that test security software. *See the most recent plus the last several
years of historical test results from:*

*AV Test* ( https://www.av-test.org/en )

*AV Comparatives* ( https://www.av-comparatives.org/ )

*SE Labs* ( https://selabs.uk/en/pages/index ) *(Reports Page)*

*MRG Effitas* ( https://www.mrg-effitas.com/ ) *(360 Protection Testing
Category)

* Windows Defender in Windows 7 and earlier is not even an antivirus
program.  Since support for Windows 7 is officially over, even if Microsoft
Security Essentials (
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201 ) is still
getting definition updates at the moment (and I am not certain it is) those
could stop at any moment.

The upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is still available at no cost.
Those who have not migrated to Windows 10 would be well advised to do so as
soon as possible.  Using an unsupported version of Windows is just begging
for disaster.

You are also correct that Windows 8.1 will be supported through January
2023.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna