Re: expanding links that won't expand

Sarah k Alawami

Actually in this case these links sometimes fail with jaws as well. In fact I've heard complaints that they often fail with jaws for some reason, the menues do not fly out like they should. Is there an add on for NVDA or a way to improve this in the core? Sorry if I'm using the wrong language, I do not code.

On 3 Apr 2020, at 19:06, Gene wrote:

Are these mouse over links? It sounds as though they are. JAWS has a
way to work with them. No other screen-reader I am aware of has that
feature, as far as I know. You may want to try a JAWS demo and see if
you can use it for that purpose.

If you issue a certain command, the mouse over link will respond as
though you hovered a mouse over it. You won't follow the link. The
page will change in some way and JAWS will tell you if the page
changes and if it changes in a way you can work with such as at line
14. You can issue a command and move to that line. When you are
finished, you can return to your previous position using another
command. Its been years since I played with this and you will have to
consult the manual or training material unless someone here knows and
tells you the commands.

Yep, fails for me almost every single time. I have to "play" with the
link. Not very fun, and works about maybe 10 percent of the time.

Take care

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com)

and you can also [follow us on twitter](http://twitter.com/tffppodcast)

Our [discord](http://discord.tffppodcast.com) is where you will know
when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give
the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [my main lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum) and my [tffp lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@tffppodcast) YOu will also be able to buy some of
my products and eBooks there.

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 3 Apr 2020, at 15:15, Daniel Damacena wrote:

Try to focus the menu and bring the mouse to it. It works to me.

Em 01/04/2020 23:00, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

I can't really describe this well, but there are links on some pages
where if you click them, a menu pops out. I can get this to work on
the mac but not that much in windows under nvda 19.2 and 19.3,
actually I've ben having the issue since last year. I think they call
these fly out menus. I think this is the job of the web dev to fix
but is there a work around i"m missing. Here's an example

1. Go to simmarket.com
2. I'm not sure if you have to be log in for this but click the my
account link. You should see "my wish list, my cart, my orders
etc. I cannot get this to expand even after playing with it.
Sometimes I can route with nvda backspace but even then after
trying that trick the page does not show these options. I'm
beginning to go nuts as this is how I can get my keys and stuff
for softwares and downloads to updates.

Take care and I hope that helps a bit.

And by the way contacting these devs is not that easy. I've already
tried, they don't really care.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com>

to subscribe to the feed click here
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp> and you can also follow us on