Likeing content on facebook as a page.

Martin O'Sullivan

Hi

I manage a page on Facebook.  and sometimes when I see content which is relevant to that page,  I need to "like" the content as the page, and not as me.

Facebook gives you an option to do this with a little Submenu, which drops down.
I can get to the menu, get it to drop down, but that is it.

NVDA does not find the menu options.  I have tried for two days now just to get NVDA to access this menu.  but I just can’t.

Does anyone know how to get NVDA to access the menu?

I have tried tabbing, Browse  and Focus mode, using the elements list.  Surely  there is a way of accessing this menu.

I have got a work around at the moment; however, this is not grate.
Currently, the only way I can access the menu, is If I already know what it says.

So, here Is what I do However I am open to better suggestions.

1 I find the little submenu button, on the post which I want to like.
2 I press enter on that.
3 I press  NVDA key + CTRL + F
4 I then search for the word “PERSONAL” because I worked out that that word would always appear when the menu dropped down I found this by examining the page code.
Once NVDA has been positioned on the word “PERSONAL” then I can navigate the menu.
5 I then select the page, which I want to like the content as.
6 I press enter and proceed to like the content in the normal way.

Please say that there is a better way of doing this.

--
Martin O'Sullivan
‎"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."  Hélder Câmara

"Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action" (Gandhi)
"Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." (Elie Wiesel )
Tel: +353878289243

E-mail osumartin@...

APT 29 Falcons View
Blanchardstown Centre