Re: google chrome version 81

Jason White

If I open a PDF file in Chrome 81, NVDA describes it as an "embedded object", then fails to read it. JAWS does the same, so I assume something changed in Chrome. On the other hand, VoiceOver for Mac with Chrome 81 reads PDF documents as well as ever.

Is this a change that NVDA and other screen readers will need to adapt to, or is it a Chrome bug? Can others reproduce it? Note that I'm not using an external PDF reader; this is entirely with the PDF processor included in Chrome. I can of course use Adobe Reader dC instead, although Chrome was until recently giving me better results on a range of PDF files.

On 4/8/20, 14:27, "Shaun Everiss" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of @smeveriss> wrote:

well thats good to know.