locked Thunderbird talking way too much

Yeah to the poster on here with the issue with thunderbird 68.7, the statusbar is quite verbose, stating extra information at the end of the message.

Now in outlook I get a list of messages and I get unread or read at the start depending if they are, but right now the statuses say their bits after the fact with a pause.

So yeah the status bar is off.

Now if they change it so it says everything at the beginning or better yet get it so you can have things make noise if they are read or not then we can use sound cues which are less intrusive.