Re: How can I get the date from a Braille display?

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Gartmann wrote:
On my Freedom Scientific Focus40 Blue, I can’t seem to do two presses quickly of NVDA+F12. The second press of F12 just sends an F12 through and I get the Save As dialog.
As bizarre as this may sound, I wonder if this might be something related to how FS has implemented this that is linked to JAWS somehow.  I was just reading through the Owner's Guide for the Focus 40 Blue and in the section entitled, Focus Keyboard Commands Overview, it states, "Focus commands are consistently based on JAWS and Windows commands. If you are familiar with JAWS and Windows keyboard commands, Focus commands are very easy to learn. If you become familiar with Focus commands, JAWS and Windows keyboard commands are also easy to learn."

It makes me think that it may not be passing through what one might think it's passing through to NVDA.  You might want to contact FS support about this, as they should be able to give a definitive answer.

       ~ Madonna